Sunset on the other side of the ocean

Last month I received an email from a person on the other side of the ocean inquiring me about this photo👇.

Sunset, Ana Matos © All Rights Reserved

It was a good surprise to know that someone liked and was wanting to hang up this picture on the wall. But the most interesting was the comparison made with this picture and the work of Mark Rothko. If you google his name these are some examples of his paintings and art👇.

Google search for Mark Rothko

M. G. used my photo, among others, to create this set of art which I think is very interesting and looks fantastic on his wall.

Courtesy of M. G. from USA (Elephant Surf)

This was a new experience to me and a pleasant exchange while receiving appreciation for "my art" through the web. It can be a cliché saying this but if what I do in photography has any meaning to at least one person in the world, I can say that "it just made my day!".

Comments